Here we go again. Another year has almost passed us by already!
Last year, I refrained from making resolutions, but instead documented some personal hopes for the year.
Let’s recap 2011:
– My $100, year-long gym membership went unused, as I felt guilty for picking M up from daycare any later than I absolutely had to, and I got stuck at work well past 3pm some days. I went a few times in January/February but it just tapered off after that. I’m ok with that though.
– Yoga: Well, I didn’t go once a week like I had hoped to. However, I did take a big leap this summer by committing to a 10-month, 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training course which began in September 2011 and will end in June 2012. We meet one weekend a month and practice and learn ALL weekend! As of the December weekend I can do wheel! With this, I’ve also begun to cultivate a home practice. I’ve been reading some amazing books that go along with this course (they won’t show on the 2011 book list because I won’t be finished reading them until 2012):
* Meditations from the Mat by Rolf Gates
* Yoga and the Quest for the True Self by Stephen Cope
* The Bhagavad Gita translated by Eknath Easwaran
– Dog Walking: In preparation for the yoga teacher training, I started walking the dog like CRAZY (and doing lots of pushups at home and with my office-mate). M and I took Izzie out every morning before work and every afternoon after work. With that, and watching what I eat (no more sugar at work, stopped buying ice cream for the most part, no more sandwiches for lunch ) – I lost 10 lbs! But, as the time changed, Miss M started sleeping later, which is fine with me, and we started missing out on our morning walks. I have to be at work at 8am, so it’s hard to get it all done in the morning. And I hate to wake her up early. It’s been too dark in the evenings, and then the weather started turning colder . . . blah blah blah. It was so great while it lasted, except for the whole picking up the dog’s poop in a bag thing. That’s just gross.
– Garden: We planted one this year again! We had lots of tomatoes, big and small. We had our normal herbs, basil, etc. This year we added my favorite – brussel sprouts. The plants grew beautiful, but the brussels never really sprouted. What a bummer. We’ll try again in 2012.
– Sing and Dance with my Kiddo: Wahoo – this one was so successful. She loves to listen to music and we love to dance and be silly with her.
Bring on 2012!