On Sunday morning our microwave died. It went out in a blaze of glory. It was like a lightning storm was happening inside of the microwave. Lots of pops and bangs and sparks flying. There is a burn hole in that metal square on the inside about the size of a nickel. My plan was to immediately buy a new one, but in the back of my head I thought of a past co-worker and friend who doesn’t own a microwave. Could I do that? Could I LIVE without a microwave? So we’re going to give it a try. I think Ryan is game because he doesn’t want to buy me a new microwave after just having invested in such an expensive vacuum – not that microwaves are expensive. (Can’t the Dyson heat my food up too?!) So Sunday I had to melt the butter in a saucepan for my blueberry muffins from scratch. Then, Monday morning I had to eat cereal instead of microwave grits, which can of course be made on the stove, but I was being lazy. And last night we had to heat up our taco shells in the toaster oven. But so far, so good. We are officially a microwave-free family. We’ll see how long this lasts.
Inspiration . . .