Over the past week or so, I’ve been really aware of the quiet moments. And of the types of situations I probably won’t be in again for some time. I hesitate to list them, because it feels like I’m listing the things having a baby will no longer allow me to do. But it’s just the opposite, it’s about appreciating those moments now, and then when she’s here appreciating the exact opposite of these types of moments. So these are the things I’ve been taking the time to notice lately, and to appreciate now.
– Spending the afternoon in bed, sleeping or reading
– Spending the afternoon on the couch, watching horrible reality TV
– Getting up before Ryan, and getting ready for the day in silence
– Having an entire 24 hours to myself
– Being able to do things for friends, like babysit
– Play dates for Izzie
– Impromptu dinners out