I felt like I was spinning my wheels at work today, going in circles, redoing work I’ve already done. I was happy to have my yoga practice tonight, but sad that I didn’t make it home from work in time to bake muffins for our last class. We had tea afterwards, and people had mentioned bringing snacks. Class was great, as usual. I’m sad that it was the last week, but excited to start the intro to power class in a few weeks. Afterwards we had delicious tea and watermelon. When I got home, I decided to bake the muffins anyway. They don’t look quite as nice as last time, but I think that’s because I used whole wheat flour this time. Even though they looked different, they were just as delicious!
Berry MuffinsIngredients: 1 1/2 cup flour 3/4 cup sugar 1/2 tsp salt 2 tsp baking powder 1/3 cup vegetable oil 1 egg 1/3 cup milk 1 cup blueberries or mixed berries Topping: 1/2 cup sugar 1/3 cup flour 1/4 cup butter, melted 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cup flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder
3. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup, add egg and enough milk to fill the cup.
4. Mix with flour mixture.
5. Fold in berries.
6. Fill about about 10-12 muffin cups.
7. Combine ingredients for topping and sprinkle on the tops of muffins
8. Bake 20-25 minutes.